- Prices are in USD
- 14 page full color tutorial with photos
- 8 pages of computer generated pattern pieces (6 pattern pieces total, must be printed and taped together)
- Dimensions provided as well as pattern pieces
- Detailed construction and zipper instructions
- This is a PDF Sewing Pattern. You must be able to open and print a PDF file.
- A download link will be provided after purchase
- Sorry, no refunds on digital products
Main Fabric: 3/4 yard
Lining Fabric: 1 1/4 yards
Fusible Interfacing: 2 1/2 yards
12” or longer nylon zipper
90/14 Microtex/Sharp needles recommended
Marking tool such as chalk or an air erasable marker
14” tall x 12” wide x 5.5” deep
Submit your review
Love this bag. Lots of room. Instructions are detailed and easy to follow.
My teen girls needed gym bags for their PE clothes for school. I wanted an easy one that was sturdy. This was PERFECT! I ultimately used 1/2" grommets instead of button holes, but other than that, I followed the pattern exactly... Easy to follow directions too! They start back to school in a couple weeks, and I have a feeling I'll be making more for their friends. Thanks for the great pattern!
Loved making this back pack! It did take me a little while, because I'm a beginner sewer, but once I was done I loved the finished product! It looks so well made and durable! My daughter already wants me to make her one. I plan to use mine a lot. Highly recommend this pattern. Would make great gifts.
I made 2 backpacks as Christmas presents for the younger men in my life. They were very well received and I had fun sewing them.
Erin had previously helped conquered my fear of zippers and this pattern forced me to figure out how to use my automatic buttonhole function. Once I conquered the buttonholes, this pattern, as always, came together quickly.
Another great one, Erin! Thank you for all of your inspiration and hard work.