- Prices are in USD
- 25-page full color excessively detailed instructions with photos
- 7 computer generated pattern pieces
- Measures about 11.5″ wide x 7″ tall x 3.75″ deep with a 9″ strap drop
- Fits nicely under the shoulder or can be held without touching the ground
- 9″ zippered opening at the top keeps everything inside secure
- Patch pocket inside for pens, keys, and phone
- Single pocket on the outside for whatever you need to access quickly
- Lining is completely finished with no raw edges
- Requires a long-pull purse zipper, single or double pull
- This is a PDF Sewing Pattern. You must be able to open, save, and print a PDF file.
- Sorry, no refunds on digital products. A download link is provided after purchase.
Sometimes you need to ditch the giant bag and take a small, fun purse for the night! Read more about Date Night here. From the blog:
“When I mentioned working on this one, my mom friends chimed in and said they needed a small purse for the times when they didn’t have the kids and the accompanying diaper bag. I specifically wanted a bag that didn’t have a lot of outside pockets, with a secure top zip so that I could set it in the booth next to me at a restaurant, or hang it on the back of my chair, or even hold with my knee under the table. I wanted it to fit on my shoulder AND be able to hold it in one hand without touching the ground. It couldn’t be too big, but it couldn’t be too small because I’m me. So when I say Date Night, I don’t mean your fanciest dress and heels. I mean a movie date. I mean girl’s night. I mean dinner. I mean your favorite jeans and your favorite tee and your favorite guy and NOT your giant everything bag.”
Main fabric: 2/3 yard
Lining fabric: 2/3 yard
Woven fusible interfacing: 3 yards (Pellon SF-101, Vilene Light or Medium-Light Fusible)
Foam batting alternative: 18” x 58” package (By Annie’s Soft and Stable, Bosal In-R-Form)
14” or longer nylon zipper – This pattern is written using a YKK 1.25” wide, long pull purse zipper
90/14 Microtex/Sharp or Topstitch, or 100/16 Denim needles
Submit your review
This purse turned out so cute! Erin's directions are always so easy to follow. I have only been sewing for a short time, and I was able to make this purse with ease. The zipper is a little tricky, but if you take your time and follow Erin's directions it'll turn out great!
I would highly recommend this pattern. I'm thrilled to be able to make a purse any time I want something different. This one is the perfect size for me. It ends up turning out just a little bit smaller than the mini Daytripper. I made the strap just a little bit longer since I prefer a longer strap. I'm using this as my every day purse right now!