- Prices are in USD
- 25-pages of full-color, detailed instructions with 145 photos
- Seven pages of computer generated pattern pieces you print at home to assemble five pattern pieces
- 32 printable pages total
- Flap + turn lock closure
- Front and inside slip pockets
- Back zippered pocket
- Adjustable cross-body strap
- Requires one turn lock, one 1″ slider + 2 rings, one 9″ or longer zipper, and one lobster clasp (optional)
- This is a PDF Sewing Pattern.
- You must be able to save, and print a PDF file.
- Download link is provided after purchase.
- Sorry, no refunds on digital products.
Finished Size: Approximately 11” wide x 9” tall x 4” deep with a 30” to 56” adjustable strap
The Sunrise Saddle Bag (so named as I spent most nights staying up until sunrise working on it!) is a small, everyday cross-body bag that will hold all of your essentials plus a few extras.
With pockets that feel like they were meant to be paired with Get Carded, you’ll find this bag offers a lot in the way of organization. The back zippered pocket keeps valuables secure, and two slip pockets – one under the flap and one inside the bag – plus an optional key leash allow you to find everything single handedly. The large flap secures with a turn lock, and opens wide to make it easy to find everything you need. Keep your personal items separate from your work bag or kid’s diaper bag, or pack it full for a lightweight day out!
Big, bright color photos and incredibly detailed instructions walk you through every step, leading you to a sewing success! Sew for yourself or sew & sell! I am SO excited about this new pattern! It is my new favorite bag, and it will be yours, too!
Read more about the evolution of the Sunrise Saddle Bag in the blog post here.
Main Fabric: 1 yard
Lining Fabric: 1 yard
Woven Fusible Interfacing: 3 yards (Pellon SF-101, Vilene Medium-Light Fusible)
Woven or Non-woven Sew-in Interfacing: 1 1/4 yard (Pellon 785, Pellon 50)
One 9” or longer Nylon Zipper (YKK 1.25” wide, #4.5 long pull purse zipper recommended)
One Twist Lock
One 1” Slider
Two 1” Rectangle or Two 1.5” O-Rings
One 1/2” Lobster Clasp for key leash (optional)
90/14 Microtex/Sharp, 90/14 Topstitch, or 100/16 Denim needles
Marking Tool (Air Erasable Marker recommended)
Pins or Wonder Clips
Rotary Mat & Cutter
Fray Block or Fray Check
Scraps of Sew-in Interfacing (Pellon 785, Pellon 50), Pellon 926, Peltex, or Batting/Fleece for behind lock