Bigger on the Inside Backpack Sewing Pattern
- 14” tall x 12” wide x 5.5” deep
- 14 page full color tutorial with photos
- 8 pages of computer generated pattern pieces (6 pattern pieces total, must be printed and taped together)
- Dimensions provided as well as pattern pieces
- Detailed construction and zipper instructions
- This is a PDF Sewing Pattern. You must be able to open and print a PDF file.
- A download link will be provided after purchase
- Sorry, no refunds on digital products
This design takes your standard flat drawstring backpack and adds a large oval bottom to maximize how much it can hold! As a bonus, this drawstring bag stands up while you rummage through it. Feel free to stuff the inside because the zip pocket on the outside is the perfect place to stash your phone and keys for security and easy access. The size works well for adults and older kids. (This is my perfect gym bag, my size 9 running shoes nest right in the bottom.) For smaller children, print at 85% with just a few minor modifications outlined in the blog post here.
Main Fabric: 3/4 yard
Lining Fabric: 1 1/4 yards
Fusible Interfacing: 2 1/2 yards
12” or longer nylon zipper