Date Night Purse Sewing Pattern
- Finished size: 11.5″ wide x 7″ tall x 3.75″ deep with a 9″ strap drop
- 25-page full color excessively detailed instructions with photos
- 7 computer generated pattern pieces
- Fits nicely under the shoulder or can be held without touching the ground
- 9″ zippered opening at the top keeps everything inside secure
- Patch pocket inside for pens, keys, and phone
- Single pocket on the outside for whatever you need to access quickly
- Lining is completely finished with no raw edges
- Requires a 1.25" wide #4.5 or #5 long-pull purse zipper, single or double pull
- This is a PDF Sewing Pattern. You must be able to open, save, and print a PDF file.
- Sorry, no refunds on digital products. A download link is provided after purchase.
Sometimes you need to leave the giant carry-all at home and take a small, fun purse for the night! When I mentioned working on this one, my mom friends chimed in and said they needed a small purse for the times when they didn’t have the kids and the accompanying diaper bag. I specifically wanted a bag that didn’t have a lot of outside pockets, with a secure top zip so that I could set it in the booth next to me at a restaurant and not worry about it falling over and spilling everywhere. I wanted it to fit on my shoulder AND be able to hold it in one hand without touching the ground. It couldn’t be too big, but it couldn’t be too small (because I’m me). So this bag could be for date night, movie night, or girl’s night! Or, if you're a small purse person, it's the perfect everyday bag!
Main fabric: 2/3 yard
Lining fabric: 2/3 yard
Woven fusible interfacing: 3 yards (Pellon SF-101, Vilene Light or Medium-Light Fusible)
Foam batting alternative: 18” x 58” package (By Annie’s Soft and Stable, Bosal In-R-Form)
14” or longer nylon zipper – This pattern is written using a YKK 1.25” wide, long pull purse zipper
90/14 Microtex/Sharp or Topstitch, or 100/16 Denim needles