Retail Therapy Reusable Shopping Bag Sewing Pattern
- Finished Size: The bag itself is 15″ x 15″ when flat and has an expandable 4″ gusset for flat items like cereal boxes. It rolls up to approximately 5″ wide x 2.5″ in diameter with quilting cotton, and strap adjustments are given for using different weights of fabric.
- 11 page full color tutorial with photos and detailed instructions + 11 pages of computer generated pattern pieces (2 pattern pieces total, must be printed and taped together)
- Options for quilting cotton or home dec fabric and instructions for hook and loop tape, snap, and elastic straps are included. No interfacing or hardware is required, so this is a perfect stash busting project!
- This is a PDF Sewing Pattern. You must be able to open and print a PDF file.
- A download link will be provided after purchase
The Retail Therapy Reusable Shopping Bag is a fold & roll style bag that fits in your purse or pocket. It is not fully lined by design so that it rolls up to half the size of a fully lined bag, but it does have a facing to give the handles a finished look. If you don’t have an overlocker, options are given for finishing the side seams on your sewing machine. The bottom seam is triple stitched for strength.
Exterior Fabric: 1 yard for non-directional prints, 1 1/2 yards for directional prints
Lining Fabric (for facing): 1/2 yard
3/4” wide hook and loop tape: 2” OR Elastic: 8”-10” OR Snaps: One set
80/12 or 90/14 sharp/microtex or topstitch needles recommended