Zip and Go Sewing Pattern
- This purse has one main zipper and a zippered pocket.
- Approximately 9.5" tall and 7.5" wide with a 30" to 55" adjustable strap.
- 18 page full-color tutorial with photos
- 4 pages of computer generated pattern pieces (2 pattern pieces total, must be printed and taped together) The front "fussy cut" feature that makes your design line up is built into the instructions.
- Includes detailed construction and zipper instructions.
- No raw edges! The lining is entirely finished with all raw edges enclosed.
- No hand sewing required.
- This is a PDF Sewing Pattern. You must be able to open and print a PDF file.
- A download link will be provided after purchase. Sorry, no refunds on digital products.
This might be one of the most stress-free bags you’ll ever sew. It’s simple to make, it’s simple to cut out, it’s FAST and it doesn’t use up a ton of your precious fabric. The lining is completely hidden, so use a bright coordinating solid to save money! I wanted a super fast alternative to the Two Zip Hipster. Making a dozen of these for your Etsy shop won’t break the bank or be a total time suck. I LOVE that. And so will you.
Perfect for grocery shopping, because it’s hands free and will hold your phone, keys and wallet. It’s also perfect for traveling and will keep your passport safe and with you at all times. Since the pieces are rectangles, you could easily add inches to make the bag wider or longer as needed.
Instructions are included for strap widths from 1/4″ to 1″, so you don’t need to track down specific sized hardware. Add a fixed strap or a removable strap, which is nice for when you want to tuck the purse into a larger tote and not deal with the strap getting tangled. Best of all, there are no raw edges. The instructions walk you through a bit of magic so that you can turn it through an opening in the lining.
Perfect for teens and younger girls, too!
Read the blog post introducing the Zip and Go here and a post about purse hardware supplies here.
Main fabric: 1 yard (You need 30" for the strap)
Lining fabric: 1/3 yard
20" woven fusible interfacing: 1 yard (Recommended: Pellon SF-101)
20" heavyweight sew-in interfacing: 1/3 yard (Recommended: Pellon SF-725, Pellon 50 - You need one 8.5? x 10.5? piece)
Hardware: Adjustable slider + 2 rectangle rings -OR- Adjustable slider + 2 sets of lobster clasps & D-rings
Two 10" or longer nylon zipper (I highly recommend YKK zippers)