The Essential Wristlet Sewing Pattern
- 16 page full-color tutorial with photos + 6 pages of *bonus feature* instructions with photos (boxed corner & back zip)
- 6 pages of computer generated pattern pieces (two rectangular wristlet sizes, two boxed corner sizes and two pocket sizes)
- Detailed construction and zipper instructions
- This is a PDF Sewing Pattern. You must be able to open and print a PDF file.
- A download link will be provided after purchase
- Sorry, no refunds on digital products.
I designed this wristlet before a girl’s weekend trip to Canada, where I knew I would need to have my passport, hotel room key and phone on me at all times, even when just in the hotel. Since my passport doesn’t fit in my wallet, that meant carrying a purse everywhere.
I ended up using my wristlet all the time after my trip, mostly as my wallet. If you’re like me and carry a huge tote everywhere, it’s nice to just pull out the wristlet for a quick trip into the store.
I spent months getting the corners *just right* so that you too can have a perfect zippered wristlet. This pattern will teach you, step by step, with photos, how to fearlessly install the zipper. And once you learn the technique you can apply it to any other bag that needs a top zip. They will sew up quickly and I promise you’ll love the result. Learn how to install the perfect zipper and be ready to amaze your friends when they ask where you bought your wristlet!
Choose from two rectangular sizes:
Finished size: 7.75” wide x 5” tall with your choice of passport/phone pocket or card pocket
Finished size: 6.75” wide x 4.5” tall with card pocket
Choose from two boxed corner sizes:
Finished size: 7.75″ wide x 5″ tall x 1.5″ deep
Finished size: 8.25″ wide by 5.5″ tall by 2″ deep
Main fabric: Fat quarter or 1/2 yard
Lining fabric: Fat quarter or 1/4 yard
Fusible interfacing: 1/2 yard (Pellon SF101)
Sew-in interfacing: 1/4 yard (Pellon 926 or Pellon 50) Hardware: 1 Lobster Clasp & 1 D-Ring
(My favorite sizes are 1/2” or 5/8” D-Rings & Lobster Clasps)
9” or longer zipper (10″ or longer for largest boxed corner size)