Shoreline Shoulder Bag Sewing Pattern
- The Shoreline Shoulder Bag measures 12" wide x 9" tall x 4.5" deep with an adjustable cross body strap.
- The Shoreline Shoulder Bag has a curvy top, a round base, and several functional pleats that give it shape. It features a front zip pocket on top of a front slip pocket, and an inside slip pocket on top of a zippered pocket. All of the pockets are interchangeable and will fit on any of the four center panels.
- The pattern has a total of 39 pages including 26 pages of detailed instructions with 150+ full color photos and 13 pages of computer generated, full size pattern pieces that you print at home and tape together.
- This is a PDF Sewing Pattern.
- You must be able to save, and print a PDF file.
- Download link is provided after purchase.
- Sorry, no refunds on digital products.
The Shoreline Shoulder Bag is a medium sized bag with an adjustable cross-body strap. The top zip, front combined zip + slip pocket, and inside layered zip and slip pocket will keep you organized on your daily adventures. The photo tutorial style instructions walk you through every step of sewing the curves, pleats, and zippers so that you will have the confidence to complete this bag!
More experienced bag makers will enjoy the useful, everyday size and can increase the difficulty by adding extra pockets or going beyond cotton fabrics. The accent panel is a great way to feature your favorite fabrics and the flexible hardware requirements make this the perfect bag to sew with your stash!
Don't let the curvy zipper intimidate you - it's easy to do! The step-by-step photos make things very clear and easy to follow, and the pattern pieces have been engineered to fit together perfectly.
Originally designed for the Bag of the Month Club, the Shoreline Shoulder Bag is now available for individual purchase!
Finished size: 12" wide x 9" tall x 4.5” deep
Main fabric (linen, canvas, quilting cotton, thin vinyl): 1 yard
Accent fabric (quilting cotton, linen, canvas): 1/3 yard (1 yard of main fabric is enough if you prefer a single exterior fabric)
Lining fabric (quilting cotton): 1 yard
20" wide woven fusible interfacing (Pellon SF-101): 3 yards
20" wide fusible fleece (Pellon 971F or 987F, Vilene H630 or 640): 1 yard
OR Sew-in fleece or foam (Pellon T970 or 988, Pellon Flex Foam, ByAnnie’s Soft and Stable): 1 yard
Ultra-firm stabilizer for base (Pellon Peltex 70): 1/4 yard (only a 4.25" x 10.25" piece is needed)
One 16" or longer nylon 1.25" wide #4.5 or #5 YKK double pull zipper
Two 10" or longer nylon 1.25" wide #4.5 or #5 YKK zipper
Two 1.25" rectangle or oval rings or two 1.5" O-rings
One 1.25" slider
(Note: Instructions are included for a 1" wide strap as well.)